Högt blodtryck är en epidemi som nu sveper över hela USA. Den snabba livsstil av snabb mat, soda och stress är att fånga upp på den genomsnittliga amerikanska, så mycket att uppskattningsvis en av tre amerikaner har högt blodtryck. Detta innebär risk för hjärtsjukdomar, stroke och njursjukdom. Dessutom kostar det landet 93,5 miljarder dollar i sjukvården. Om du har en för stor tro på vårdinrättning för att hitta ett botemedel för ditt höga blodtryck är inte lämpligt. Antal receptbelagda läkemedel på marknaden och den kaskad av skillnader tyder på att en bot för blodtryck inte är i antågande.
Det finns inte en enda identifierbar orsak till högt blodtryck. En kombination av faktorer, till exempel stress, alkohol, rökning, vikt och brist på fysisk aktivitet tycks producera detta problem, som ytterligare förvärrades av familjesituation och ålder.
Garlic - Vitlök Garlic contains allicin, a substance which has antibacterial, antioxidant, lipid lowering and anti-hypertension properties. In a pilot study made at Clinical Research Center of New Orleans on whether garlic could lower blood pressure, nine patients with severe hypertension were given a garlic preparation containing 1.3 % allicin. Sitting blood pressure fell with a significant decrease in diastolic blood pressure only five to 14 hours after the dose. Moreover, it was proven in a 2009 study that fresh garlic has more potent cardio-protective properties than processed garlic.
2. Cinnamon - Kanel Cinnamon not only prevents heart disease, it can also prevent diabetes. The Center for Applied Health Sciences in Ohio conducted a study of 22 subjects, half of which were given a 250mg of water soluble cinnamon daily while the other half were given placebo. It was discovered that those who drank cinnamon had a 13 to 23 percent increase in antioxidants connected with lowering blood sugar levels.
3. Onions - Lök Onions contain quercetin, an antioxidant flavonol found to prevent heart disease and stroke. In a research study published in the Journal of Nutrition, subjects with hypertension experienced a decrease in their blood pressure by 7mmHg systolic and 5 mmHg diastolic as opposed to those who were taking placebo.
4. Olives - Oliver This herb is a significant part of the Mediterranean diet, recognized to be one of the healthiest in the world. Oil made from olives has been found to reduce blood pressure. In a study conducted on the importance of olive oil, Dr. L. Aldo Ferrara, Associate Professor at the Frederico II University of Naples in Italy discovered that the daily use of 40 grams of olive oil reduced the dosage of blood pressure medication in hypertensive patients by about 50 percent. Polyphenols in extra-virgin olive oil was credited for the significant reduction of blood pressure.
5. Oregano - Oregano This herb contains the compound carvacrol which has been proven to be effective against blood pressure. In a study conducted on animal subjects, by researchers from Eskisehir Osmangazi University in Turkey, carvacrol was found to reduce heart rate, mean arterial pressure as well as the systolic and diastolic blood pressures.
6. Hawthorn - Hagtorn This herb has been traditionally used to treat high blood pressure. In one study conducted in Reading, UK, 79 type-2 diabetic patients were randomized to receive 1200 mg of hawthorn extract while another group received medication for high blood pressure. Results revealed that patients taking hawthorn by the end of the 16th week showed a reduction in their mean diastolic pressure.
7. Cardamom- Kardemumma In one study published in the Indian Journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 20 subjects newly diagnosed with primary hypertension were administered 3 g of cardamom powder. After the end of the 3 months, all the subjects experienced feelings of well-being without any side effects. Moreover, the study was able to demonstrate that blood pressure was effectively reduced. It also improved antioxidant status while breaking down blood clots without significantly altering blood lipids and fibrinogen levels.
Denna problematik med högt blodtryck är lika vanligt i Sverige.
Ewa-Lis Hörne Messelth